Tuesday 8 October 2013

London Fashion Weekend September '13.


The end of September - the month full of fashion with the beloved London Fashion Week sending us visually inspired , fashion loving beings into euphoria. 
Finding out about the follow up event London Fashion Weekend couldn't have come at a better time for me and my blog. As I started my fashion and clothing course just two weeks earlier and wanting to boost my blogs status has now become my mission, I couldn't pass this up!
The event ran over four consecutive dates (19th-22nd September '13) & living up to it's hype is an understatement! I purchased a 'Shop & Catwalk' ticket online (for a very decent price I must say) for Sunday. 
This allowed me to wonder around the beautifully prestigious Somerset House viewing up-and-coming British designers like Blonde & Ginger. The designer's exhibited within the building, some of their A/W collections, most being friendly and offering contact cards with more information about getting your hands on their garments! 

Blonde & Ginger

After viewing and purchasing a few bits...It was fashion show time! I think any young inexperienced fashionista can imagine my excitement when 1 o'clock hit and I was sat on the front row of the fashion show space* to view the best bits of this year's Autumn/Winter style. 


The fashion show was a mash up of trends that will be inspiring our strongly loved high st stores. Including; the tongue-in-cheek pink trend flooding the magazines, clothing adverts and shopping rails. Victoriana - think dark, lacey, high collared with newly famous/modern mid length skirts with a very monochrome feel for emphasis. Finally, 'Back to nature' which re-installed our love for green parkas and arguably dim grey's that I find in my every winter outfit.
 (seen in pictures below)




My outfit of that day;
Coat - Zara. Top - Zara. Leather look skirt - Primark. Bag - Zara. Shoes - Topshop. 



The next London Fashion Weekend will be in Febuary 2014, be sure to get your tickets and opportunity to go to this stylish fashion event! 

No comments:

Post a Comment